What is Al-Anon?
The Al-Anon Family Groups are a fellowship of relatives and friends of alcoholics who share their experience, strength, and hope in order to solve their common problems. We believe alcoholism is a family illness and that changed attitudes can aid recovery.
Al-Anon is not allied with any sect, denomination, political entity, organization, or institution; does not engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any cause. There are no dues for membership. Al-Anon is self-supporting through its own voluntary contributions.
Al-Anon has but one purpose: to help families of alcoholics. We do this by practising the Twelve Steps, by welcoming and giving comfort to families of alcoholics, and by giving understanding and encouragement to the alcoholic.
New to Al-Anon?
Please feel free to attend one of the online meetings listed below or take a look at the following online resources:
Also : Read About Growing Up with Alcoholism
The following literature deals with the issues that face many adult children of alcoholics:
- Did You Grow Up with a Problem Drinker? (S‑25)
- Al‑Anon Family Groups Welcome Adult Children of Alcoholics (S‑69)
- Al‑Anon Sharings from Adult Children (P‑47)
- From Survival to Recovery: Growing up in an Alcoholic Home (B‑21)
- Hope for Today (B‑27)
- Many Voices, One Journey (B‑31) includes the history of adult children in Al‑Anon.
May 30, 2022–Arnprior Stepping Stones Al-anon Family Group’s 29th Anniversary Celebration
St John Chrysostom Church – 295 Albert St, Arnprior ON (please enter through side door, there will be signs)
Pot Luck Meal @ 6:30pm. Al-Anon/AA Couple Guest Speaker Meeting @ 7:30. All are welcome!
Teens are welcome at all online and in-person Al-Anon meetings.
There is also a Teen chat option: WSO Alateen chat meeting
More meetings available :
Check Ontario South
World Service Office website (WSO) Al-Anon.org
How to join a ZOOM Meeting
Click on an Ottawa AlAnon ZOOM meeting for direct access
- Go to www.zoom.us
- Click "Join a meeting"
- Enter the meeting ID and password when prompted (see Ottawa AlAnon ZOOM Meeting ID and password information)
Participants must have a ZOOM account. It is free to join.
Choose one of the numbers shown below (Canada).
Before you dial make sure to have the meeting ID and the password if required (Ottawa AlAnon ZOOM Meeting ID and password information)
- +1 647 558 0588
- +1 778 907 2071
- +1 438 809 7799
- +1 587 328 1099
- +1 647 374 4685
Phone controls for participants
Please mute your phone by pressing *6 so that others do not hear background noise. If you need to speak, press *6 again.
Should you want to have the attention of the Host or would like to speak, press *9 and the host will see you are raising your hand.
Ottawa Meetings- Direct Links(ZOOM and In-Person)
- Monday – 7:30 pm. Arnprior Stepping Stones AFG has returned to ZOOM at this time. Please contact the following email address to obtain the most recent link to meetings. steppingstonesafgprior@gmail.
- Monday 7:30 pm- Bells Corners AFG.
The Bells Corners Meeting will be in person on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month. The other weeks will be on zoom. As of the 23rd of May the meeting time will change from to 7:30pm. Newcomer break out group available. Masks are required, physical distancing and cleaning in place in a very large space.Enter from the parking lot at the back of the church.
- Tuesday 10:00 am- Vanier New Beginnings AFG
- Tuesday 12:15 pm- Back to Basics AFG
- Tuesday 8:00 pm- Pinecrest 12th Step AFG . We have returned to Hybrid meetings starting on Tuesday, February 22nd at the Brittania United Church, 985 Pinecrest Road, Ottawa. For Face to meeting two(2) vaccinations required. Masks required. Physical distancing required. 25 people maximum. Hand sanitizer available. Record of attendance will be taken. ZOOM meeting held simultaneously.
- Wednesday- 8:00 pm- Royal Ottawa AFG
- Wednesday 7:30 pm- New Beginnings AFG
- Thursday 7:30 pm. In-person meeting at the Orléans United Church. 1111 Orleans Blvd. Requirements include proof of double vaccinations, masks and two meters distance at all time and record of attendance. Hand sanitizer will be available for use before and after the meeting and tables and chairs will be disinfected.
Thursday – 7:30pm– New Life AFG. We have returned to Hybrid meetings starting on Thursday, Feb 17th at the Emmanual United Church, 691 Smyth Rd, Ottawa. Masks required. Physical distancing required. 25 people maximum. Hand sanitizer available. Meeting held in basement – enter by side door, near the back of the church. ZOOM meeting held simultaneously.
Enter by side door, near the back of the church, go upstairs, If you arrive after 19:30 please knock to gain entrance. Access the elevator through the church’s main door for Wheelchair Access.
- Friday 9:30 am Beacon Hill AFG is moving to in person meetings. St. Gabriel’s Church, 55 Appleford St, Gloucester, Ontario. As of Friday March 25th 2022, vaccination status will be required and masking is optional.
- Saturday 10:15 a.m.- How It Works AFG . 10:15 a.m. Hybrid meeting at At Paul’s Presbyterian Church, 971 Woodroffe Ave, Ottawa. For Face to Face meeting two(2) vaccinations required. Record of attendance will be taken and shared with the church. Masks required. Hand sanitizer & wipes available. Tables and chairs will be disinfected and stored after the meeting. Please BYOB-Bring Your Own Book. ZOOM meeting held simultaneously.
- Alateen Saturday 10:00 am –Freedom To Choose Serenity