What is Al-Anon?
The Al-Anon Family Groups are a fellowship of relatives and friends of alcoholics who share their experience, strength, and hope in order to solve their common problems. We believe alcoholism is a family illness and that changed attitudes can aid recovery.
Al-Anon is not allied with any sect, denomination, political entity, organization, or institution; does not engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any cause. There are no dues for membership. Al-Anon is self-supporting through its own voluntary contributions.
Al-Anon has but one purpose: to help families of alcoholics. We do this by practising the Twelve Steps, by welcoming and giving comfort to families of alcoholics, and by giving understanding and encouragement to the alcoholic.
New to Al-Anon?
Please feel free to attend one of the online meetings listed below or take a look at the following online resources:
Also : Read About Growing Up with Alcoholism
The following literature deals with the issues that face many adult children of alcoholics:
- Did You Grow Up with a Problem Drinker? (S‑25)
- Al‑Anon Family Groups Welcome Adult Children of Alcoholics (S‑69)
- Al‑Anon Sharings from Adult Children (P‑47)
- From Survival to Recovery: Growing up in an Alcoholic Home (B‑21)
- Hope for Today (B‑27)
- Many Voices, One Journey (B‑31) includes the history of adult children in Al‑Anon.
Teens are welcome at all online and in-person Al-Anon meetings.
There is also a Teen chat option: WSO Alateen chat meeting
More meetings available :
Check Ontario South
World Service Office website (WSO) Al-Anon.org
How to join a ZOOM Meeting
Click on an Ottawa AlAnon ZOOM meeting for direct access
- Go to www.zoom.us
- Click "Join a meeting"
- Enter the meeting ID and password when prompted (see Ottawa AlAnon ZOOM Meeting ID and password information)
Participants must have a ZOOM account. It is free to join.
Choose one of the numbers shown below (Canada).
Before you dial make sure to have the meeting ID and the password if required (Ottawa AlAnon ZOOM Meeting ID and password information)
- +1 647 558 0588
- +1 778 907 2071
- +1 438 809 7799
- +1 587 328 1099
- +1 647 374 4685
Phone controls for participants
Please mute your phone by pressing *6 so that others do not hear background noise. If you need to speak, press *6 again.
Should you want to have the attention of the Host or would like to speak, press *9 and the host will see you are raising your hand.
Ottawa Meetings- Direct Links(ZOOM and In-Person)
- Monday – 7:30 pm. Arnprior Stepping Stones AFG has returned to ZOOM at this time. Please contact the following email address to obtain the most recent link to meetings. steppingstonesafgprior@gmail.
- Monday 8 :00 pm- Bells Corners AFG
- Tuesday 10:00 am- Vanier New Beginnings AFG
- Tuesday 12:15 pm- Back to Basics AFG
- Tuesday 8:00 pm- Pinecrest 12th Step AFG . Note: Hybrid meetings currently on pause. Please access the ZOOM link to attend Pinecrest 12th Step AFG.
- Wednesday- 8:00 pm- Royal Ottawa AFG
- Wednesday 7:30 pm- New Beginnings AFG
- Thursday 7:30 pm– Orleans AFG. Zoom meetings except for the last Thursday of the month, which will be an in-person meeting from September 3o to December 30, 2021, at the Orléans United Church. Requirements include proof of double vaccinations, masks and two meters distance at all time and record of attendance. Hand sanitizer will be available for use before and after the meeting and tables and chairs will be disinfected.
- Thursday – 7:30pm– New Life AFG. Note: Due to the newly imposed restrictions, the in person portion of our meetings will be postponed for the next several weeks. We will continue to have our meetings online through Zoom starting at 7:30 pm. Please check back for updates.
- Friday 9:30 am Beacon Hill AFG. Join Zoom Meeting . https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82749139994
Meeting ID: 827 4913 9994
- Saturday 10:15 a.m.- How It Works AFG . Note: Hybrid meetings currently on pause. Please access the ZOOM link.
- Alateen Saturday 10:00 am –Freedom To Choose Serenity