What is Al-Anon?
The Al-Anon Family Groups are a fellowship of relatives and friends of alcoholics who share their experience, strength, and hope in order to solve their common problems. We believe alcoholism is a family illness and that changed attitudes can aid recovery.
Al-Anon is not allied with any sect, denomination, political entity, organization, or institution; does not engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any cause. There are no dues for membership. Al-Anon is self-supporting through its own voluntary contributions.
Al-Anon has but one purpose: to help families of alcoholics. We do this by practising the Twelve Steps, by welcoming and giving comfort to families of alcoholics, and by giving understanding and encouragement to the alcoholic.
New to Al-Anon?
Please feel free to attend one of the online meetings listed below or take a look at the following online resources:
WSO Conference June 29-July 2, 2023
NYC June 17, 2021 Town Hall Hybrid Meetings presentations/information
Conference Approved Literature (CAL)
Also : Read About Growing Up with Alcoholism
The following literature deals with the issues that face many adult children of alcoholics:
- Did You Grow Up with a Problem Drinker? (S‑25)
- Al‑Anon Family Groups Welcome Adult Children of Alcoholics (S‑69)
- Al‑Anon Sharings from Adult Children (P‑47)
- From Survival to Recovery: Growing up in an Alcoholic Home (B‑21)
- Hope for Today (B‑27)
- Many Voices, One Journey (B‑31) includes the history of adult children in Al‑Anon.
World Service Organization’s (WSO) directive regarding Covid-19. (English, French)
Teens are welcome at all online and in-person Al-Anon meetings.
There is also a Teen chat option: WSO Alateen chat meeting
More meetings available :
Check Ontario South
World Service Office website (WSO) Al-Anon.org
How to join a ZOOM Meeting
Click on an Ottawa AlAnon ZOOM meeting for direct access
- Go to www.zoom.us
- Click "Join a meeting"
- Enter the meeting ID and password when prompted (see Ottawa AlAnon ZOOM Meeting ID and password information)
Participants must have a ZOOM account. It is free to join.
Choose one of the numbers shown below (Canada).
Before you dial make sure to have the meeting ID and the password if required (Ottawa AlAnon ZOOM Meeting ID and password information)
- +1 647 558 0588
- +1 778 907 2071
- +1 438 809 7799
- +1 587 328 1099
- +1 647 374 4685
Phone controls for participants
Please mute your phone by pressing *6 so that others do not hear background noise. If you need to speak, press *6 again.
Should you want to have the attention of the Host or would like to speak, press *9 and the host will see you are raising your hand.
Ottawa Meetings- Direct Links(ZOOM and In-Person)
- Monday – 7:30 pm. (In person )Arnprior Stepping Stone AFG. John Chrysostom Church, 295 Albert St, Arnprior ON. Enter by west side door. Discussion Meeting. Wheelchair Access.
- Monday 7:30-8:30 pm-Bells Corners AFG. We meet IN PERSON on the FIRST and THIRD Monday of the month at Christ Church Anglican 3861 Old Richmond Road. Other weeks on zoom ID 819 9462 4538. Newcomer Breakout group available. Wheelchair accessible. Ring bell if you arrive after 7:30. Enter from the parking lot at the back of the church.
- Tuesday 10:00 am- (ZOOM meeting) Vanier AFG . Vanier New Beginnings AFG.MEETING ID: 882 6383 5436
- Tuesday 8:00 pm- First and third week of the month is a Hybrid meeting. All weeks will have an in-person meeting at the church location. Pinecrest 12th Step AFG . Brittania United Church, 985 Pinecrest Road, Ottawa.
- Wednesday- 1215 pm-(in-person) Traditional AFG – Ottawa (D28)
82 Kent St
ON K1R 7X9
Enter by green door on Kent St. Wheelchair accessible. Ring office doorbell for access to elevator
- Wednesday- 7:30 pm-Royal Ottawa AFG (In person and online -Hybrid) -1145 Carling Avenue, Room 1424. ZOOM Meeting held simultaneously Royal Ottawa AFG Meeting ID: 821 8421 6966 Passcode: 620187.
- Wednesday 7:30 pm- (In person) New Beginnings AFG. Kanata United Church. 33 Leacock Drive Kanata.
- Thursday 7:30 pm. (In person) Orleans AFG-In-person Orléans United Church 1111 Orleans Blvd.
- Thursday – 7:30pm– (Hybrid meeting). New Life AFG. Emmanual United Church, 691 Smyth Rd, Ottawa. Masks required. Physical distancing required. 25 people maximum. Hand sanitizer available. Meeting held in basement – enter by side door, near the back of the church. ZOOM meeting held simultaneously. If you arrive after 7:30 pm please knock to gain entrance. Wheelchair Access through church main door
- Alateen Thursday 7:30-8:30 pm. In person meeting. Emmanuel United Church 691 Smyth Road Ottawa K1G1N7. Enter by the side door off the parking lot. Ring the bell.
- Friday 9:30 am (In person) Beacon Hill AFG. St. Gabriel’s Church, 55 Appleford St, Gloucester, Ontario.
- Friday 1200 pm-1 pm. (In person)12th Step Discovery. St Paul’s Presbyterian Church at 971 Woodroffe Ave. Meet in the fireplace room on the second floor (end of the hall). An elevator is also available if you ask at the office on the main floor. The meeting runs from 12 pm to 1pm with fellowship until 2 pm. All are welcome. Masks are not mandatory.
- Saturday 10:00 a.m.- (In person) Road to Recovery AFG. St. Paul’s Presbyterian Church, 971 Woodroffe Ave, Ottawa. Masks are personal choice. Discussion meeting. Last Saturday of the month is a speaker meeting.
- Saturday 10:00 a.m. ZOOM meeting – Road to Serenity
- Sunday 11:00 am- ZOOM meeting Sunday Open Speaker Meeting .
- Script-Speaker Available
- Script-No Speaker Available