What is Al-Anon?
The Al-Anon Family Groups are a fellowship of relatives and friends of alcoholics who share their experience, strength, and hope in order to solve their common problems. We believe alcoholism is a family illness and that changed attitudes can aid recovery.
Al-Anon is not allied with any sect, denomination, political entity, organization, or institution; does not engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any cause. There are no dues for membership. Al-Anon is self-supporting through its own voluntary contributions.
Al-Anon has but one purpose: to help families of alcoholics. We do this by practising the Twelve Steps, by welcoming and giving comfort to families of alcoholics, and by giving understanding and encouragement to the alcoholic.
New to Al-Anon?
Please feel free to attend one of the online meetings listed below or take a look at the following online resources:
Also : Read About Growing Up with Alcoholism
The following literature deals with the issues that face many adult children of alcoholics:
- Did You Grow Up with a Problem Drinker? (S‑25)
- Al‑Anon Family Groups Welcome Adult Children of Alcoholics (S‑69)
- Al‑Anon Sharings from Adult Children (P‑47)
- From Survival to Recovery: Growing up in an Alcoholic Home (B‑21)
- Hope for Today (B‑27)
- Many Voices, One Journey (B‑31) includes the history of adult children in Al‑Anon.
More events available :
Check Ontario South events
ONLINE MEETINGS-How to join a ZOOM meeting
Computer/Tablet(audio and video)
Click on a meeting link below for direct access to an Ottawa AlAnon ZOOM meeting
- Go to www.zoom.us
- Click “Join a meeting”
- Enter the meeting ID and password when prompted (see Ottawa AlAnon ZOOM Meeting ID and password information)
Participants must have a ZOOM account. It is free to join. There is also a free app in ios and android
By Telephone (audio only)
Choose one of the numbers shown below (Canada). Before you dial make sure to have the meeting ID and the password if required(Ottawa AlAnon ZOOM Meeting ID and password information)
+1 647 558 0588
+1 778 907 2071
+1 438 809 7799
+1 587 328 1099
+ 1 647 374 4685
Please mute your phone by pressing *6 so that others do not hear background noise.
You may also check the World service Office website (WSO) Al-Anon.org website for additional meetings.
Teens are welcome at all online and in-person Al-Anon meetings. To access the Ottawa Alateen meeting see: Freedom to Choose Serenity-Ottawa Area Alateen ZOOM meeting
There is also a Teen chat option: WSO Alateen chat meeting
Ottawa ZOOM Meetings- Direct Links
- Monday – 7:30 pm. Arnprior Stepping Stones AFG https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82505865763. Password: 117146
- Monday 8 :00 pm- Bells Corners AFG
- Tuesday 10:00 am- Vanier New Beginnings AFG
- Tuesday 12:15 pm- Back to Basics AFG
- Tuesday 8:00 pm- Pinecrest 12th Step AFG and the One Day at a Time AFG
- Wednesday- 8:00 pm- Royal Ottawa AFG
- Wednesday 7:30 pm- New Beginnings AFG
- Thursday 7:30 pm– Orleans AFG.
- Thursday – 7:30pm– New Life AFG.
- Friday 9:30 am Beacon Hill AFG
- Saturday 10:00 a.m.- How It Works AFG
- Alateen Saturday 10:00 am –Freedom To Choose Serenity